Friday 19 September 2008

Under 23kgs...yeah right.


Tomorrow is the big day and I have to somehow squish all of these fabulous donations into two suitcases...both of which I also have to somehow transport. This is when a big burly boyfriend would come in handy. Instead I will have to use some strategic packing and pray that my mini-cab driver feels sorry for me and offers assistance.


Before I get packing, I feel the need to give a quick shout-out to all the wonderful supporters who are filling these suitcases and donating some much needed moolah for this volunteer experience. They are (in no particular order):


Adaptflex, OSRAM, BASEC, Philips, Legrand, Kew Technik, Leica Geosystems, Cooper Lighting and Safety, Dimplex, NICEIC, Applied energy, Weidmuller, Vent-Axia, Thorn, Edmundson Electrical, SummitSkills, ECA, ECA Education and Training, Draka, Moggs, Margaret, Bruno, Georgia, Mike and Mum.


I also feel the need to send some warm and fuzzy energy to all of my peeps at Voltimum, as they have supported me through my planning (and now have countless emails of itinerary and copies of my ID...I'm like a girlguide when it comes to safety). Plus they have been involved technically with the development of the project's soon-to-be live webpage and even helped me figure out how to set up this blog. Can you believe that this is my first blog?...welcome to the 21st century, Frankie.


With that, I am off to pack and look forward to making contact again...from Honduras! Very exciting!! Hasta luego! :)

No comments: