Wednesday 24 September 2008

Man vs. nature... and nature seems to be kicking my butt.


Today I repeated the same cycle - up early, hitched a ride to Chilagatoro, cemented another wall of Casa Marcos, etc. However, I failed to mention in my previous post that en route to the project, an astonishing number of cows and bulls are encountered...and some of them are rather intimidating.

After building, the coordinator (Mathew) and I headed along the usual muddy path back to the main road, but this time had a rather large and disturbing obstacle hindering our movement - a large and unhappy bull. After waiting patiently and undertaking some strategic tip-toing, we managed to get around the beast, but not without wading through calf-deep mud and nearly peeing ourselves in fear.

But this is not where the story ends. Upon this same pathway, I noticed another incredibly picturesque view and decided to step on a mound of dirt to get a better positioning to take it in. Much to my surprise, the mound was not made of dirt...it was a hill of ants! Thank goodness I had Mathew there to help me swat them off of my legs, as I could've been eaten alive! Nature seems to be against me today. I could really use a cup of tea and a snuggle right about now.

No comments: